[Validator-l] New Feature in Current Validator Version 3.5.37 "Santa Fe"

Watts, John John.Watts at dep.state.fl.us
Fri Aug 6 12:03:55 EDT 2004

Validator Users:
This is just a note of clarification. The currently available version of
Validator includes a planned, but undocumented feature that I'd like you to
know about. Although we have not, as yet, made any changes to the list of
required fields, we are taking a closer look at the datatypes upon import. We
are now enforcing these constraints as outlined in the list of required
fields. For instance, we are ensuring that the date fields do not reflect
data from before January 1, 1980 or a date in the future. The former keeping
out old data; the latter most likely a data entry error. We also realized
that some data fields may not be available to all parties. To accommodate
this, we have created a dual-mode operation that allows some required fields
to be turned off during the initial import of data into Validator. Please
follow the below link for more information.

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/labs/software/index.htm#dualmode

Be looking for a new version of Validator during the week of August 16th. As
you can tell, we are spending more effort fine-tuning Validator and adding
new features. These are intended to work with the EDD files that you have
been creating. If you have questions or comments, please forward them to me.
Thank you.

John Watts
Lab Data Support Manager
Florida DEP, Bureau of Labs