gis-l: ADMIN - New Web Site Look and Feel

Clay, Linc Linc.Clay@dep.state.fl.us
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 07:54:37 -0400

GIS Users,

In conjunction with the FDEP web make-over we have streamlined the =
BIS/GIS
site to hopefully make it more usable.  The sidebar menu has been =
replaced by
a drop-down menu at the top of the page under the banner graphics.   We
believe that we have retained all of the information that was useful.  =
It may
take you a second to get oriented to the new look, but we think it will =
be an
improvement overall.

We are also working on a GIS knowledge base that will allow you to =
search for
answers, tips and documents as well as submit your own answers, tips, =
and
documents for the good of the order.  The development of the knowledge =
base
will be organic over time, but we hope to have the first version running =
by
the end of the year.

I would also remind you that the GIS help desk has a web interface that
routes your query directly to the right GIS staff member, cutting out =
the
middleman!

Thanks,

-Linc