gis-l: Update on: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Gulf of Mexico Program Office (GMPO)

Clay, Linc Linc.Clay@dep.state.fl.us
Fri, 7 May 2004 13:07:53 -0400

GIS Users,

My hurriedly sent and poorly worded email on the availability of =
EPA/ESRI
grant money for Gulf of Mexico-related projects caused a good bit of
confusion.  I apologize for that.

The situation is this.  Both our ESRI sales person and Ed Levine of the =
FDEP
Office of Strategic Projects and Planning forwarded the announcement of =
the
availability of a modest sum of GIS-related grant money.  They both =
asked me
to forward this announcement to the FDEP GIS community in case any of =
you
working on Gulf-related projects could apply.  The idea was that =
programs
could directly apply for the grant money.

I am not searching for ideas for my shop or for data acquisition.  It =
does
not look to me like data-gathering projects qualify and the sum of money
available is insufficient for statewide data acquisition efforts.  I am =
also
not coordinating application for the grants.  Any program area that =
wants to
apply should do so directly.  I am simply acting as a conduit for this
announcement.

Sorry I didn't do a better job of explanation in the first posting.

-Linc

Linc Clay
FDEP/DRAM/BIS/GIS
2600 Blair Stone Rd, MS 6520