gis-l: ArcSDE Upgraded to 8.3 Running in Oracle 9.2.0.4

Clay, Linc Linc.Clay@dep.state.fl.us
Sun, 16 May 2004 14:37:25 -0400

GIS Users,

We believe that we have successfully upgraded ArcSDE to version 8.3 =
running
in Oracle 9.2.0.4.  We have tested ArcView 3.2a, ArcGIS 8.3, selected =
ArcIMS
3.1 sites, selected ArcIMS 4.0.1 sites, WebPoint/STCM, WebPoint/CHAZ, =
and a
sample of the Oracle Spatial procedures.  All behaviors were as =
expected.

Out of the 500 or so layers migrated, the only casualty was one
Oracle/Spatial layer named DEP.BASIN_ROTATION_WBID_SP.  The layer was =
not
successfully imported, but was recreated under the name
DEP.BASIN_ROTATION_WBID_SP2.  (We do not believe this is a heavily used =
layer
if it is used at all.)

We wish to thank the many developers and users in the FDEP GIS community =
who
helped us test the development instance of ArcSDE 8.3 and who helped =
test the
new instance over the weekend.  We also would like to thank our BIS
colleagues in the Systems Group and the DBA Group who rendered valuable =
help
in preparation for and during the migration.

-Linc and Chris

Linc Clay
FDEP/DRAM/BIS/GIS
2600 Blair Stone Rd, MS 6520