gis-l: ArcGIS 8.3 and DataMiner deprecation reminder

Watson, Jonathan Jonathan.Watson at dep.state.fl.us
Thu Oct 4 12:19:40 EDT 2007

GIS users,

As mentioned in the past, we will be shutting down the 8.3 License Manager
shortly, so ArcGIS 8.3 will no longer work as of next Friday, October 12th.

Please install ArcGIS 9.2 as soon as possible.

For reference, here is a snippet from the GIS-l that Linc sent in December:

"* We are removing from our web pages the installation packages for ArcGIS
8.3

and 9.0.  We will no longer be supporting 8.3 or 9.0.

* We plan to shut down the 8.3 license manager early next year, so if you are

still using 8.3, please plan to migrate to 9.1 or 9.2 by the first of the new

year (2007)."

Also, DataMiner will stop working on January 1, 2008.  Here is a snippet from
the GIS-l that Chris sent in August:

"December 1st: We will stop updating DataMiner with new data as it is
inserted in ArcSDE.  DataMiner is unsupported by OTIS/GIS.

January 1, 2008: We will remove access to the tables in Oracle that drive
DataMiner and it will no longer function. "

Jonathan Watson

Systems Project Administrator/GIS
FDEP/DRAM/OTIS/GIS
2600 Blair Stone Rd, MS 6520
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400
Voice: 850-245-8296, SC 205-8296
Fax: 850-245-8263, SC 205-8263
Email: jonathan.watson at dep.state.fl.us <mailto:chris.judd at dep.state.fl.us>

The Department of Environmental

Protection values your feedback as a customer. DEP Secretary Michael W. Sole is committed to continuously assessing and

improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Please take a few minutes to comment on the quality of

service you received. Copy the url below to a web browser to complete the DEP

survey: http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=Jonathan.Watson@dep.state.fl.us Thank you in advance for completing the survey.