gis-l: GPS collection software Solo Field, Terra-Sync and Arcpad

Newton, Jeff Jeff.Newton at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Feb 17 15:01:10 EST 2010

Hello:

We are in the process of purchasing new gps units. We have used both Terra-Sync and Solo Field in the past for gps collection software along with  Trimble Geo-XTs but we have never used Arcpad. What is the consensus on Arcpad?  Our use of gps primarily entails the collection of point data such as monitor wells, soil sample locations-etc then exporting as a shape file for use in ArcMap.

Comments and suggestions welcome

Also has anyone used the new Yuma from Trimble?

Thanks

Jeff L. Newton
Site Investigation Section
Environmental Manager