gis-l: RE: No Color Palette

Abbey, Edwin Edwin.Abbey at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Nov 27 07:31:37 EST 2013

Gary, one thing to look at is be the "Style References" button in the Symbol Selector window.  Look to see if the ESRI style reference box or any boxes are checked for that matter.  When I unchecked ESRI, my color palette options dropped down to just the three custom colors I created.  By default the personal styles is checked and grayed out so you can't uncheck it.  When I selected several different styles, my color palette options increased quite a bit.

Another route to the same option is click the "Customize" menu then "Style Manager", then Styles. Then make sure at least one of the style references other than the one assigned to your user id is selected.  The plain "ESRI" is a good start.

Hope it is as straight forward as this and not a glitch in the install.

Good Luck!

Edwin A. Abbey
NHD Coordinator - Environmental Manager
Office of Watershed Services