gis-l: Fall GIS Update

Jackson, Kimberly D. Kimberly.D.Jackson at dep.state.fl.us
Mon Dec 1 07:27:18 EST 2014

Hello All,

Last week we hosted the Fall FDEP Division GIS Coordinators' Meeting via Lync.  The power point from that presentation is now available on the GIS intranet site<https://www.fldepnet.org/blog/otis/gis>.  Go to the bottom of that page and visit the NEWS link. If you have any questions about the presentation, please contact me or your GIS Coordinator.

DESKTOP:
Just a reminder: we no longer support version 10.2 so make sure to migrate to 10.2.
Check out the IMAGE FINDER addition to your FDEP Tool bar in ArcGIS desktop. Check it out when you need to know what imagery is available for a specific location. This will return information on the counties where new 2014 imagery is available too!
[cid:image001.png at 01D0089F.964486C0]

MAP DIRECT LITE:
Focuses are "going lite"!  You'll see the map direct lite maps embedded in each of the new State Park web pages to be released December 7th. More focuses, with more data, will be available as we transition to feature services.  In the meantime, check out this focus: http://ca.dep.state.fl.us/mapdirect/?focus=brnflds and watch the video available via the hints, on the left side of your screen.

FDEP's Interactive Map Gallery (AGO):
Now available as a direct link from FDEP's Intranet home page, our Gallery<http://fdep.maps.arcgis.com/home/> has gotten almost 20,000 visits in the past eight months. New content is being added every month. Please send a request via the Service Desk if you would like to discuss AGO content for your program area.

Regards.  Kim

Kimberly Jackson, GISP
GIS Program Coordinator
Office of Technology and Information Services
2600 Blair Stone Road, MS 6520
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400

phone: (850) 245-8296
internal phone: (58296)