gis-l: RE: scale dependable transparency

Kekelis, Gary Gary.Kekelis at dep.state.fl.us
Mon Sep 29 14:39:05 EDT 2014

Great idea, Jorge! I wish ArcMap would do that out of the box. It would be a good feature to suggest to them.

However, I could allow transparency to vary based on scale automatically in the new Map Direct Lite.

Jorge - for Map Direct, given the choice, would you prefer the scale dependent transparency, or would you prefer the fill to go to hatch at some scale and then go empty at another scale?

Currently in Map Direct, I created a feature that allows you to turn polygon fills on and off, which solves the problem to some extent and is very flexible, but requires user interaction. I want to improve this in the new Map Direct Lite to provide some kind of automatic scale dependent rendering to handle the case you mentioned below.

Gary