gis-l: Conference for consideration

Jackson, Kimberly D. Kimberly.D.Jackson at dep.state.fl.us
Tue Dec 20 13:46:58 EST 2016

Good afternoon,

In the spring of 2017, when your GIS coordinator is putting together the GIS portion of the training and conference plan for your program area, you may want to consider the following event:

[https://netforum.avectra.com/public/DocumentGenerate.aspx?Image=9d9a5639-d917-4dd7-8b29-86d867b5e368]
Did you know that URISA is hosting its 55th annual conference in Jacksonville, Florida next October?
We  will soon be soliciting presentation proposals for the conference and invite you and your team to share some of your good work. (Watch for the Call for Abstracts announcement coming after the new year.)

The conference educational content celebrates exemplary applications of technology for emergency response, addressing, public health, transportation, economic development, land records, etc.
Participants will also share best practices for GIS management and leadership, professional development, certification, and much more.

This year's conference was in Toronto and the conference educational program is still online if you wish to take a look: https://gispro2016.sched.org/
In addition to ample GISP credit, we typically apply for and are approved for well over 40 AICP-CM credits.

Please note the dates on your calendars and start planning for JAX. www.gis-pro.org<http://www.gis-pro.org/>

My staff and I wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season!

Wendy Nelson
URISA Executive Director
wnelson at urisa.org<mailto:wnelson at urisa.org>

Kimberly Jackson