gis-l: Emergency Operation Center - GIS update Wednesday 9/13/17

Jackson, Kimberly D. Kimberly.D.Jackson at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Sep 13 12:27:22 EDT 2017

This is LONG, so please scroll through the whole thing and forward to interested parties - ESPECIALLY those needing imagery flown.

  1.  Current area of concern: Sante Fe River - Thursday major flood stage, GIS 3D scene coming to deal with cresting, etc.

  2.  If you need direct access to flood zones data, this may be more direct thatn the FEMA web site:
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D32C8B.A2788500]

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D32C8B.A2788500]
3. Here is the outline of available imagery.  The Cudjoe Key area is being flown by Blimp and the imagery is currently being processed.  I will let you know ASAP it is available.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D32C8B.A2788500]

  1.  PLEASE send Jason Ray (cc'd here) any requests for imagery you need to have flown in the declared counties above. You will need to submit a GIS Shape file of the area.  Contact me to have that created if you need assistance.  PLEASE CC me on your request.  E-mail Jason for details of what can be flown.

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D32C8B.A2788500]

  1.  ESRI / DEM is providing time slider maps of before and after IRMA imagery.  Please e-mail me if you need access.

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D32C8B.A2788500]

  1.  Areas where imagery is being collected Wednesday and Thursday. Today 5,000 square miles. Processed in Colorado, available Thursday night.

  1.  Please e-mail me if you have any imagery access issues.  Thank you for your patience as we share out this information.

Kimberly Jackson, GISP
GIS Manager
Office of Technology and Information Services
2600 Blair Stone Road, MS 6520
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400

Open Data Portal<geodata.dep.state.fl.us>; FDEP Interactive Map Gallery<http://fdep.maps.arcgis.com/home/>

phone: (850) 245-8296