gis-l: GIS Support at the State EOC for Hurricane Response

Jackson, Kimberly D. Kimberly.D.Jackson at dep.state.fl.us
Tue Apr 24 11:27:12 EDT 2018

In preparation for this year's Hurricane season, we are creating a list of potential GIS analysts that would be willing to staff the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) for the Dept. of Emergency Management (DEM)  at Southwood during an activation.

  1.  This means staying in Tallahassee during an event, wherever the disaster is in the State.
  2.  You will let us know if you can work certain days and certain 12 hour AM or PM shifts.
  3.  You will receive training on site
  4.  You will need to get your Division Director's approval at the time of activation as you will be paid for your time at the EOC
  5.  Adding your name to this list is not final - we just need a list of names to start calling at the time of activation
  6.  If you intend to evacuate or aren't available to work 12 hours, please do not sign up.
  7.  This is only for GIS.  Other opportunities to volunteer will be coordinated through the Communications Office.

Contact me with any questions, or to sign up for the EOC GIS activation call list. Please reply to this e-mail  by the end of the day, Friday April 27th.

Thank you.

Kimberly Jackson, GISP
GIS Manager
850.245.8296  (X- 58296)