[Pharmwaste] RE: [h2e] RE: any legislation/ordinancesbanningdisposal of pharmaceuticals to sanitary

Gilliam, Allen GILLIAM at adeq.state.ar.us
Tue Jan 24 10:58:58 EST 2006

No ramblings there Ross!  You're "on the button"!!!  Especially your items #1 below.

To further confuse/clarify for the non-regulators out there, the state of Connecticut IS "the city" as their STATE pretreatment program [40 cfr 403.10{e}] regulates (as deemed appropriate) indirect, non-domestic dischargers FOR their state's publicly owned w.w. treatment systems.  There are 4 other states in the union that have chosen this "proxy" method of implementing/enforcing the CWA's pretreatment requirements.

Most all other (~40?) states (that EPA's delegated the CWA's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination [key word here] System [NPDES]) have chosen to delegate implementation of the pretreatment program requirements directly down to their cities' level.

Clear as filter press sqweezins now?

I know there's other state pretreatment coordinators AND some EPA HQ's folks following these listserves and am confused by their silence....

Allen g