[Pharmwaste] RE: Pharma re-distribution pilot program

gressitt gressitt at uninets.net
Fri Sep 8 10:50:08 EDT 2006

Allen, I agree this is a very helpful document.  And it sure begs for one
other little tiny column..a state contact person for each of those states
that could keep up to date with changes and be a contact for the rest of us
with questions regarding the state of activities in that state. Just a
thought.

I believe DEA is still trying to encourage folks to shy from activities that
could lead to diversion, and seems more positive about getting some models
that can be replicated, without their having the funds to support those
pilots.

When we passed the legislation in Maine, CESAR at the University of Maryland
did a compilation of all laws across the country that dealt with unsed drugs
and last I looked it was sstill up. It was originally printed with actual
copies of the entire law and it was massive, it was more readily useable
when they put it on the web.

Planning is almost wrapped up for the 3rd Annual Unused Drug Disposal
Conference slated for Portland Maine October 23-24, hold the dates, more to
follow shortly.

Stevan Gressitt