[Pharmwaste] Question regarding incinerators

gressitt at uninets.net gressitt at uninets.net
Thu Feb 1 12:25:55 EST 2007

Discussions, serious, about deputizing individuals to handle that in the
State of Maine ran up against strict credentialing issues. There was a
requirement for training at the state police academy and then annual
continuing education. Even for those not carrying a firearm. It became
prohibitively expensive, andhence has not been followed up on. We tried, but
it won't work in Maine. WE also tried to propose retired police officers,
but that was deemed by the powers that be too expensive. It may get
revisited some day though.

Stevan Gressitt, M.D.

207-441-0291

www.mainebenzo.org