[Pharmwaste] APB for Nancy Lawson....

matthew mireles mirelesmc at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 22 01:18:40 EST 2007

Someone should also survey retail and wholesale stores, such as Walmart,
Sam's, Costo, Sears, and any business that sell OTC and prescripts.  I
recently learned that many are not involved with the reverse distributors
and are dumping their expired inventory into the dumpsters.   I can't
confirm this myself.  I just heard from a reliable source who is a store
manager of a large company.  Most healthcare institutions (hospitals and
nursing homes) participate in reverse distribution to send back unused and
expired meds.   The stores are operating competitively, but have not heard
about the concern for indiscriminate disposal.

Matthew Mireles

Community Medical Foundation for Patient Safety

Texas

  _____