[Pharmwaste] mail order prescription waste

Michele Berger mediservrx at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 09:19:56 EST 2007

Hi ya'll,

Why can't we lobby the insurance companies to take care of (destroy) the waste drugs?  They are the ones with the formularies and their preffered drug lists that cause all this drug waste to begin with.  The patient jumps through all their hoops, tries all their ineffectual drugs that they want to pay for and in the end the patient has a cupboard of unused drugs.  Let the insurance companies provide a return mail voucher and let them be responsible for destroying the drugs! Let them take responsibility for their ideas of "affordable and effectual drug regimens."  And it just doesn't have to be mail order drug companies either this goes for everyone Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Part D, Private Pays everyone. They can send them to the drug companies that pay them and the originators can destroy their own product.  You can't tell me that these drug companies don't have incinerators for their waste.

Michele Berger
Mediserv Pharmacy
Sarasota, Fl.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail