[Pharmwaste] Role of the Pharmacist in PharmWaste Management

drmille at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu drmille at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Sat May 19 13:59:35 EDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

My name is Daniel Miller, a 4th year pharmacy student at the
University of Iowa?s College of Pharmacy.  I am currently working on a
project for Health Care Without Harm and Hospitals for a Healthy
Environment to create a scoping document on pharmacists? role(s) in
pharmaceutical waste management.  I know this list-serve is monitored
by a large variety of professionals and I want to take advantage of
that fact.

I am putting out an information request to the list-serve for the
following items:

1) How do you feel pharmacists are currently impacting pharmaceutical
waste management in your respective communities/hospitals/health care
system/etc.?
2) How could pharmacists improve their roles in pharmaceutical waste
management?
3) What barriers do you perceive that prevent pharmacists from
efficiently assisting pharmaceutical waste management? (mainly
hospital regs, state regs, apathy, lack of education, etc.)

In your responses, please let me know what your position is and where
you are from.  As well, if you have any interesting regulations,
hindrances, or circumstances specific to your hospital or health care
facility, let me know.  Any help would be much appreciated and credit
will definitely be given where it is due.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Sincerely Grateful,

Daniel Miller

--
Daniel R Miller