[Pharmwaste] Teleconference with EPA and Health Services Industry

DeBiasi,Deborah dldebiasi at deq.virginia.gov
Thu Oct 11 08:59:06 EDT 2007

Posted on behalf of EPA.  Please direct all questions to Meghan Hessenauer - contact information below.
-----------------------
On Friday, October 19, 2007 at 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time, the US EPA Headquarters, Office of Water, will be hosting a teleconference to exchange information with Long Term Care Facilities (LTCF) and Hospitals. We would like the H2E community to participate in this teleconference.

As part of EPA's Effluent Guidelines Program, we are conducting outreach to the Health Services Industry to better understand the issues surrounding disposal of unused pharmaceuticals to the sewer.  Specifically, we would like to have answers to the following questions:

.	What are the current industry practices in regards to disposal of
unused pharmaceuticals?
.	What factors influence your current disposal practices?
.	What Best Management Practices (BMPs) are used as alternatives to
flushing?
.	Do you have quantitative or qualitative information on the costs
associated with BMPs?

EPA will present a brief overview of the Effluent Guidelines process and then will ask the H2E community teleconference participants to comment on the questions asked above.

Pre-registration by October 16, 2007 is required to reserve a space.

How to register: 	Send the following information, by email to:
hessenauer.meghan at epa.gov

	Name:
	Affiliation:
	Email Address:
	Phone number:
	City and State:

Confirmation will be sent by email to all registered participants.  The teleconference number and access code and additional information related to the October 19, 2007 call will also be mailed shortly before the teleconference.

Meghan Hessenauer
Environmental Scientist

(202)566-1040 (phone)
(202)566-1053 (fax)
hessenauer.meghan at epa.gov
http://epa.gov/waterscience

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Water
Office of Science and Technology
Engineering and Analysis Division
Mail Code 4303T
1201 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20460

Deborah L. DeBiasi
Email:   dldebiasi at deq.virginia.gov
WEB site address:  www.deq.virginia.gov
Office of Water Permit Programs
Industrial Pretreatment/Toxics Management Program
Mail:          P.O. Box 1105, Richmond, VA  23218 (NEW!)
Location:  629 E. Main Street, Richmond, VA  23219
PH:         804-698-4028
FAX:      804-698-4032