[Pharmwaste] CSI Episode...

Tenace, Laurie Laurie.Tenace at dep.state.fl.us
Tue Oct 23 10:04:16 EDT 2007

I have to tell you that I was interviewed for this episode of CSI a few
months ago, as was Christian Daughton at my suggestion.

The writers told me they wanted to be "cutting edge". I told them there had
been no documented human health effects from estrogen-contaminated water. I
found the episode a little confusing and wonder if the average watcher got
it.

I'm glad the show's star, Gil Grissom, is also looking at our disappearing
bees - and yes, Allen, I think this IS like a public service in some ways.
It's good to know that they track down knowledgeable people to interview
about their topics, and it makes me wonder how often the writers take their
advice!

FYI, there is a web site with some info that media can use:
http://www.learcenter.org/html/projects/?cm=hhs

Laurie

Laurie J. Tenace
PH: (850) 245-8759