[Pharmwaste] FYI from EPA - three new methods - - for several Pesticides or PPCPs

DeBiasi,Deborah dldebiasi at deq.virginia.gov
Thu Jan 10 09:53:52 EST 2008

>From EPA:

Subject: FYI - three new methods - - for several Pesticides or PPCPs.

Colleagues:

We have posted three EPA-developed methods at http://www.epa.gov/waterscience/methods/index.htm.  Click on the Other Methods (Methods published by EPA, but not promulgated) link.  The three methods are 1694, 1698 and 1699, and cover several chemicals in the PPCP (pharmaceuticals & personal care products) and pesticide classes.

These methods are single-lab validated and peer reviewed.  They were developed under the leadership of Dr. Brian Englert.  Please direct inquiries to Brian.

Are these Part 136 methods?  No, and we have no immediate plans to propose to make them so.  Rather we are using them to characterize occurrence in various wastewaters; others may wish to do likewise. Eventually, we will conduct a multi-laboratory validation study.

Please pass this information on to any interested parties.  We are noticing these methods to you and your colleagues as alternatives to other PPCP or pesticide methods in the literature.   Brian welcomes any
and all user experiences from laboratory analysts who choose to use these methods.

Thanks.
____________________________________
Richard Reding, Ph.D., Chief   (Reding.Richard at epamail.epa.gov)
U.S. EPA, Engineering & Analytical Support Branch
Office of Science and Technology, Office of Water
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW (4303T)
Washington, D.C. 20460
Ph:  202-566-2237; Fax: 566-1053
OST homepage http://www.epa.gov/waterscience
Method Questions? Write to OSTCWAMethods at epa.gov

Brian Englert, Ph.D. Environmental Scientist   (englert.brian at epa.gov)
 U.S. EPA, Engineering & Analytical Support Branch
 Engineering and Analysis Division
 Office of Science and Technology, Office of Water
 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW (4303T)
 Washington, D.C. 20460
 Phone: 202-566-0754; FAX:  202-566-1053  http://www.epa.gov/waterscience  englert.brian at epa.gov

Deborah L. DeBiasi
Email:   dldebiasi at deq.virginia.gov
WEB site address:  www.deq.virginia.gov
Office of Water Permit Programs
Industrial Pretreatment/Toxics Management Program
PPCPs, EDCs, and Microconstituents
Mail:          P.O. Box 1105, Richmond, VA  23218 (NEW!)
Location:  629 E. Main Street, Richmond, VA  23219
PH:         804-698-4028
FAX:      804-698-4032