[Pharmwaste] UK - Cancer drugs found in tap water

BROMLY Melissa melissa.bromly at water.wa.gov.au
Mon Jan 28 20:22:32 EST 2008

Hello Readers
Thanks for your comments Jean.  I don't have any detailed knowledge of
the report - I just forwarded it as pharmaceuticals in the news.

It appears that the report does refer to bleomycin samples collected in
1990, however it is a review article, and considers more recent
measurements of many other pharmaceuticals.

For interested readers, the complete report 'DESK BASED REVIEW OF
CURRENT KNOWLEDGE ON PHARMACEUTICALS IN DRINKING WATER AND ESTIMATION OF
POTENTIAL LEVELS'  (Nov 2007) is available from
www.dwi.gov.uk/research/reports/DWI70-2-213.pdf

Kind regards,
Melissa