[Pharmwaste] Rates of consumer drug generation

Charlotte A. Smith csmith at pharmecology.com
Fri Oct 10 20:11:58 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to develop some metrics for the number of pounds of drug
waste generated by consumers/year. I know this is very difficult since
we have such a backlog. It would be helpful to know if any of you are
tracking poundage per household per year over several years. That would
give me a starting point. ( I am assuming that most drop-offs are per
household rather than per individual, even though some households may be
single persons.) If you have any estimated rates of usage per population
based on follow-up surveys, that would also be very helpful.  Thank you
very much for any information you can provide.

Best regards,

Charlotte A. Smith, R. Ph., M.S., HEM

President

PharmEcology Associates, LLC