[Pharmwaste] Pharmaceutical Corrosives

Charlotte A. Smith csmith at pharmecology.com
Tue Oct 14 19:58:42 EDT 2008

Hi Jenny,

Pure nitroglycerin would be considered reactive along with its P code.
In the weak form used in finished dosage forms, it is not considered
reactive however. Under the Hazardous Waste Identification Rule, weak
forms are not regulated because it was listed solely for reactivity and
does not exhibit that characteristic in such diluted forms.

Best regards,

Charlotte A. Smith, R. Ph., M.S., HEM

President

PharmEcology Associates, LLC