[Pharmwaste] Do Flush list?

Charlotte A. Smith csmith at pharmecology.com
Fri Jan 16 10:09:00 EST 2009

Hi Everyone,

Most controlled substances are dispensed by the pharmacy into the common
plastic vials you receive at the drugstore or through mail order,
especially since they are usually not a maintenance med where you'd be
getting the full bottle as packaged by the manufacturer. Those are
already labeled with a C and the appropriate schedule number, II, III,
IV, or IV. So we are back to square one on identification. The real
solution is to get a change in the DEA regulations so they can go back
through a consumer mail back program.

Best regards,

Charlotte A. Smith, R. Ph., M.S., HEM
President