[Pharmwaste] Peanut Allergy Question

Marta Keane mkeane at willcountylanduse.com
Tue Jan 20 10:50:04 EST 2009

Does anyone have any articles on the rise in peanut allergies?  Last year, my preschool son was in a class of 10 students, 4 girls, 6 boys. 4 of the boys had peanut allergies of various severity.
That's 40% of this random group.
That's 67% of the male group.

Nursing is supposed to reduce food allergies but speaking for my son, he was 100% nursed the first 6 months and had several food allergies. To date, he has outgrown all but the peanut, which can be fatal.

I have not had much success finding data on this subject, but given the dramatic rise in peanut alleries nationwide,  the fact that they occur more in males, and the fact that this allergy can be fatal; I would hope there is a growing base of knowledge on this subject somewhere.

Thanks for any information on the subject.

Marta Keane
martakeane at yahoo.com