[Pharmwaste] Re: Pharmwaste Digest, Vol 44, Issue 12

Charlotte A. Smith csmith at pharmecology.com
Wed Jun 24 18:06:18 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

Mathew is correct that expired pharmaceuticals in original packaging can
be sent through reverse distribution for the purpose of obtaining credit
9with some state restrictions based on hazardous waste regulations).
This function does not assess, however, how actual drug waste is being
managed in hospitals and other healthcare facilities. The upcoming EPA
Office of Water survey will likely provide the first comprehensive look
at disposal practices ofr actual drug waste in these facilities.

Best regards,

Charlotte A. Smith, R. Ph., M.S., HEM

Director, PharmEcology Services

WM Healthcare Solutions

12229 W. North Ave., Suite 2

Wauwatosa, WI 53226

414-292-3959

414-915-4026(cell)

414-479-9941 (fax)

csmith at pharmecology.com

Waste Management's renewable energy projects create enough energy to
power over 1 million homes.