[Pharmwaste] Sampling of med take back items

Jaramillo, Jeanie Jeanie.Jaramillo at ttuhsc.edu
Wed Jan 20 14:28:43 EST 2010

I had no luck with having our epidemiologist help with a sampling protocol.  He's already being pulled in many different directions.  I did want to mention that our next event (3/27) will likely be the last one in which we conduct a full inventory.  We will be collating the items collected by participant (i.e. these 20 items all came from car #1), which will be a little more work this time around.  I believe this will allow us to validate sampling techniques that we could use for future events.  For instance, we could pull out the data from every Xth participant, summarize it, and extrapolate it to the total number of participants and then compare that to the full inventory.  I'm sure there's some statistical method to do that.

Jeanie Jaramillo, PharmD
Managing Director, Texas Panhandle Poison Center
Assistant Professor, Texas Tech UHSC School of Pharmacy
1501 S. Coulter St.
Amarillo, TX 79106
P: (806) 354-1611
C: (806) 672-0833