[Pharmwaste] Is a national medicine collection day being planned for 9/25/10?

Mark_Williams at deq.state.ms.us Mark_Williams at deq.state.ms.us
Thu Jul 22 10:51:31 EDT 2010

We have been given information on both September 25th and November 13th
dates for household pharmaceutical collection events.  The September 25th
date seems to be driven by a DEA effort.  We are working with the local DEA
office here in Jackson on efforts surrounding that date.  The collection
efforts appear to be coordinated through local law enforcement agencies
that want to voluntarily join the effort.   I am not as familiar with the
November 13th date but I am aware that there is some coordinated effort
planned for household pharmaceutical collections during that time frame as
well.

Sincerely,

Mark Williams, P.E., Administrator
Solid Waste Policy, Planning & Grants Branch
Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality
P.O. Box 2261
Jackson, MS 39225
Phone: 601-961-5304
Fax:      601-961-5785