[Pharmwaste] pharmwaste in crops

Ronald Ney randsney at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 15:48:28 EDT 2010

It is expected that many pharmwaste chemicals would be taken up by crops and
this could be predicted (Fate and Transport of Organic Chemicals in the
Environment, Third Edition by Ron Ney). I wonder why no one looked for
dioxins, which is a degradation product of triclosan?

It is expected that many pharmwaste chemicals would be taken up by crops and
this could be predicted (Fate and Transport of Organic Chemicals in the
Environment, Third Edition by Ron Ney). I wonder why no one looked for
dioxins, which is a degradation product of triclosan?

1.     I have reviewed and supervised about 3,000 reports for pesticide
petitions for tolerance (chemical residues in crops), rotational crops,
planting restrictions, etc. I wrote many data requirements for this under
FIFRA, which were adopted by FFDCA (pre USEPA).

2.     I have reviewed supervised about 500 reports for environmental
chemistry data on fate and transport of pesticides in air, water, soil,
plants and animals. These data requirements were written and started by me.

Ron Ney, Ph.D.