[Pharmwaste] RE: Texas Pharmaceutical Disposal Programs

Jaramillo, Jeanie Jeanie.Jaramillo at ttuhsc.edu
Tue Aug 9 17:28:15 EDT 2011

We have developed an internet-based system for logging of medications brought to take back events -- the Pharmaceutical Collection Monitoring System (PCMS). This system was used by 6 states, including Texas, at the April Med Take Back event. PCMS provides for a method of collecting consistent data across sites and then allows the "linkage" of this data with a clinical database for categorization.  If anyone would like more information, let me know.

Jeanie Jaramillo, PharmD
Managing Director, Texas Panhandle Poison Center
Assistant Professor, Texas Tech UHSC School of Pharmacy
1501 S. Coulter St.
Amarillo, TX 79106
P: (806) 354-1611
C: (806) 672-0833