[Pharmwaste] question on excretion vs. disposal quantities

Tenace, Laurie Laurie.Tenace at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Aug 17 15:12:57 EDT 2011

Please respond either to the whole list or to Beth personally, not to me - thanks, Laurie

Does anyone have good information on estimates of pharma pollution in our ground and surface water that is post-metabolic, or excreted and how much is waste generated?  Of the waste generated, the amount that is from pharmaceutical manufacturing, animal medications (feedlots and agriculture), healthcare facilities, and home disposal?

Thanks very much, Beth

Beth Schenk, MHI, RN
Facilitator of Women's Health
St. Patrick Hospital
Missoula, MT
406-329-2730

When we heal the earth, we heal ourselves...David Orr

The Department of Environmental Protection values your feedback as a customer. DEP Secretary Herschel T. Vinyard Jr. is committed to continuously assessing and improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Please take a few minutes to comment on the quality of service you received. Simply click on this link to the DEP Customer Survey<http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=Laurie.Tenace@dep.state.fl.us>. Thank you in advance for completing the survey.