[Pharmwaste] Re: Memorandum of understanding with law enforcement

Matthew C. Mireles mirelesmc at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 6 15:27:41 EST 2011

Sometime ago, I saw an impressive "letter of support" from law enforcement, I believe from the Operation Medicine Cabinet in Florida.  The letter was well written on official police dept or sheriff letterhead stating 1) invited participation, 2) support for the event/program, 3) date and hours of participation, 4) brief description of custody of controlled substances.  It sounded very legal and would suffice as a MOU or MOA.

We're wrapping up our annual survey of drug take-back/return programs for 2010, and we counted 225 programs throughout the US.  The first drug take-back program in Alaska has just been recorded.  A few more completed surveys are still trickling in.  We intend the publish the second edition of National Directory by the end of Feb 2011.  If you need to update your info or wish to be included in the National Directory, please let me know.

Matthew Mireles