[Pharmwaste] Pharmacies take-back programs - retaining participants

Virginia Porter vporter at sonic.net
Thu Mar 10 16:07:40 EST 2011

In the Russian River Watershed - north of San Francisco, we have a pharmacy take back program that is carried out by multiple public agencies, with the cooperation of pharmacies (http://www.safemedicinedisposal.org/). Many of our chain pharmacies (CVS, Safeway, etc) are pulling out of our program for various reasons from "corporate."

I am seeking examples of letters written to pharmacies (or other institutions e.g. public safety offices, hospitals, assisted care facilities, etc) to compel continued participation, or to enlist new participation. Our program has been successful for many years and the residents know they can take back rather than flush or dump their unused meds.

Thank you!
Virginia Porter - Executive Director
Russian River Watershed Association
300 Seminary Avenue