[Pharmwaste] Dioxins/phthalates

Zimmer, Catherine (PSC) Catherine.Zimmer at pscnow.com
Tue Aug 14 17:37:16 EDT 2012

Hi all,
In response to the questions related to phthalates and dioxin formation, I concur that it is not the phthalates in PVC that create dioxins.  It is the organochlorine form of PVC.  You might want to look at EPA’s site on dioxin—at one time they had information related to dioxin formation from PVC.  http://cfpub.epa.gov/ncea/CFM/nceaQFind.cfm?keyword=Dioxin.  Because the Vinyl Institute has leaned pretty hard on EPA, I ‘m not sure the info is still public.

Very truly yours,

Catherine Zimmer, MS, BSMT
Industry Leader, Environmental and Regulatory
PSC Healthcare Services
Office:  651.645.7509
Mobile: 713.829.6365
www.pscnow.com<http://www.pscnow.com/>