[Pharmwaste] Drug Terminator

Zimmer, Catherine (PSC) Catherine.Zimmer at pscnow.com
Tue Jun 19 09:35:27 EDT 2012

Hi All,
There will likely be dioxins in the ash, and up the stack.  Many pharmaceuticals contain chlorine, in an organic form, which is a precursor to dioxin formation.  The burn in the Terminator will not likely be very controlled, dioxins could very readily form.  I doubt this type of incinerator would meet air quality or ash standards.  The ash may need management as hazardous waste.

Hope this helps.

Very truly yours,

Catherine Zimmer, MS, BSMT
Industry Leader, Environmental and Regulatory
PSC Healthcare Services
Office:  651.645.7509
Mobile: 713.829.6365
www.pscnow.com