[Pharmwaste] Concentrations of prioritized pharmaceuticals ineffluents from 50 large wastewater treatment plants in the US andimplications for risk estimation

Jim Mullowney jmullowney at pharma-cycle.com
Fri Dec 6 10:59:32 EST 2013

Hi Ed and Diane,

I would like to add to Catherine’s List.

In August The World Health Organization published a Handbook on health care waste management and highlighted a group of Pharmaceuticals called Genotoxic and stated

Any discharge of genotoxic waste into the environment could have disastrous ecological consequences.

Most Genotoxic drugs are used in cancer treatment and 27 of them are excreted heavily in the patients urine, feces and vomit for 48 hours after treatment. The WHO states that it is the responsibility of the Pharmacist to control Genotoxic waste including the human waste and it is the responsibility of those involved in paying for the treatment cover the cost. We are the United States of America, we put a car on the moon, we can collect pee in a cup.

I am attaching a list of the 27 bad actors.

Jim Mullowney

jmullowney at pharma-cycle.com