[Pharmwaste] question about hospitals in DEA rules

Hoffman, Deb deb.hoffman at epa.state.oh.us
Wed Feb 13 15:16:36 EST 2013

Hello everyone,

I have been contacted a few times over the years about whether or not hospitals could collect pharms and I've always had to say "No."

Can someone tell me why DEA specifically excluded hospitals from being allowed to collect in the proposed rules?  I know retail pharmacies in hospitals can collect, but I'd like to know why nowhere else.

I'm working on some comments, so if you could get back to me soon, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Deb Hoffman