[Pharmwaste] RE: Drug collection boxes

Watson, Taylor Taylor.Watson at kingcounty.gov
Fri Jan 25 13:34:12 EST 2013

There are quite a few drug collection boxes on the market.  Programs in our state strongly favor models that require 2 different keys to access the inner container, and bins are always bolted to the floor or wall.  We consider these to be security elements for return programs.  The drop boxes at most of our pharmacy and law enforcement take-back sites are made by dVault and cost around $700.  The dVault container that is most popular with law enforcement is the dVault DVSC0024 <http://www.takebackexpress.com/product_p/dvsc0024-sld-4.htm> .   For more information:  http://www.takebackexpress.com/product_p/dvsc0024-sld-4.htm

Taylor Watson
Pharmaceuticals Project
Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County
130 Nickerson Street, Suite 100, Seattle, WA  98109
taylor.watson at kingcounty.gov | w:206-263-3072 | c:206-245-5628
Local Governments for Health and the Environment www.lhwmp.org<www.lhwmp.org%20>
Protect our Kids, Families, the Environment  www.takebackyourmeds.org