[Pharmwaste] Reducing postings &/or saving embarrassment

Ed Gottlieb egottlieb at cityofithaca.org
Thu Feb 27 09:24:00 EST 2014

I am always so grateful to get feedback from members of this group.  It always improves my understanding.

Many of the comments I receive (and send) go direct, without being copied to the group.  This may be done to prevent any possible embarrassment that could be caused from a public correction or could simply be done to limit the number of postings to the group, a good idea in general.

By the way, I don't think you could embarrass me with public corrections, I'm quite used to hearing that I misspelled common words, etc.!  Complements are another matter entirely!

Sometimes I copy the group in my replies to those sending me direct feedback.  I have done so because I want the group to see the nuances of the feedback or as an easy way to give credit for the additional ideas that I am passing along.  Or, it could be that I simply forgot to delete the string when sending on a new iteration of an idea.

Once, quite some time ago, I was chastised for copying an email I received to the group.  This person told me if they had wanted the group to see their email, they would have sent it to everyone.

I am requesting that if you do not want a email response you send shared with the group, to let the recipient know.  Please don't assume we (or at least I) will figure that out.  Thanks so much and keep your feedback coming!

Ed

Ed Gottlieb
Industrial Pretreatment Coordinator
Ithaca Area Wastewater Treatment Facility
525 3rd Street
Ithaca, NY  14850
(607) 273-8381
fax: (607) 273-8433