[Pharmwaste] RI Bill on Chemo Contaminated Human Waste

Ed Gottlieb egottlieb at cityofithaca.org
Thu Feb 27 16:33:22 EST 2014

Hi All,

Jim, from Pharma-Cycle, asked me to forward this link to a Rhode Island Legislative bill (LC004708), relating to insurance policies, which stipulates provisions to protect human health and the environment from antineoplastic and cytotoxic chemotherapy drugs in bodily excretions.

The bill requires that patients be notified of the hazards, collection equipment be supplied, collected waste be properly disposed of, and accident and sickness insurance policies pay for it.

http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText/BillText14/HouseText14/H7644.pdf ( http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText/BillText14/HouseText14/H7644.pdf )

Jim says more information can be found on the Pharma-Cycle website:  www.pharma-cycle.com

Jim Mullowney, President
Pharma-Cycle Inc
www.pharma-cycle.com
Direct: 617-755-0883
I hope Jim, or someone else, keeps us informed of the bill's progress.

Ed

Ed Gottlieb
Chair, Coalition for Safe Medication Disposal
Industrial Pretreatment Coordinator"
Ithaca Area Wastewater Treatment Facility
525 3rd Street
Ithaca, NY  14850
(607) 273-8381

fax: (607) 273-8433