[Pharmwaste] Product Stewardship bill link to Pharma safe disposal campaign?

Ed Gottlieb egottlieb at cityofithaca.org
Thu Jun 12 11:56:03 EDT 2014

I forgot to mention that a pharm waste product stewardship bill was introduced (Jan 8) for the second year in a row to the NYS Senate.  http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S642-2013

I suspect the timing of this campaign is not a coincidence.  If phara really cared about safe disposal why is their campaign only in NY?

Is your state considering a pharm waste product stewardship bill?  Has pharma launched a safe disposal campaign in your state?  Let's see if there is a correlation!

Ed

>>> "Ed Gottlieb" <egottlieb at cityofithaca.org> 6/11/2014 2:55 PM >>>
Pharma has launched a safe disposal campaign in NY.
The video they produced emphasizes home disposal.
Their website FAQ properly suggests home disposal as the last choice if take-back programs are not available.
Found no mention of the upcoming DEA rules.
I haven't checked out the social media component of the campaign.

http://myoldmeds.com/

http://www.saratogian.com/government-and-politics/20140611/legislators-endorse-pharma-campaign-for-proper-disposal-of-prescription-drugs-video

Ed Gottlieb
Chair, Coalition for Safe Medication Disposal
Industrial Pretreatment Coordinator
Ithaca Area Wastewater Treatment Facility
525 3rd Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 273-8381
fax: (607) 273-8433