[Pharmwaste] Looking for Reverse Distributors to Serve Law Enforcement

Fabisiak - CDPHE, Greg greg.fabisiak at state.co.us
Thu Nov 6 09:37:54 EST 2014

Good Morning,

I would like to know if anyone has had success finding reverse distributors
ready to collect prescribed controlled substances and other medications
from law enforcement agencies either by pick-up or delivery by common or
contract carrier.

The only one that I know is operating now is Sharps Compliance, Inc with
their MedSafe system. However, that system requires the use of their
collection receptacles. Here in Colorado we have many law enforcement
agencies with boxes manufactured by others, so boxes are already in place.
I've talked to a couple reverse distributors that say they are developing
this service, but are not yet operating.

Does any know of reverse distributors that are ready, today, to assist law
enforcement with disposal?

Thanks.

--
*Greg Fabisiak*
*Environmental Integration Coordinator*

Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, DEHS-B2
Denver, CO 80246-1530
office: 303.692.2903 | fax: 303.782.4969
e-mail: greg.fabisiak at state.co.us