[Pharmwaste] FW: FDA's website guidance conflicts with ONDCP's new program

Volkman, Jennifer (MPCA) jennifer.volkman at state.mn.us
Tue Sep 9 12:28:10 EDT 2014

These aren't the best messages I've written and I didn't take time to look up the best address for FDA (I took it from the source view of their web page), but I think more of us need to tell/ask ONDCP and FDA to get rid of FDA's guidance that emphasizes flushing of certain medications. There is consistency between ONDCP's and EPA's guidance, but FDA must still not be convinced that collection is favorable over flushing? Maybe they are working on it? Seems silly for ONDCP to launch this big media event to promote collection when their disposal guidance links to flushing.