[Pharmwaste] RE: Destruction Product

Volkman, Jennifer (MPCA) jennifer.volkman at state.mn.us
Wed Apr 8 19:10:16 EDT 2015

These disposal systems are acceptable for households to use, probably in any jurisdiction.

Tangent...
Brian noted that law enforcement doesn't accept liquids in FL. In MN, the MPCA doesn't prohibit putting liquids in collection bins, because the inner liners are supposed to be puncture proof and contain liquids. I'm not sure why anyone prohibits liquids unless law enforcement is not concerned about codeine cough syrup and other liquid CS, like the liquid muscle relaxer prescribed to my mother. I have heard this stated a few places and I don't understand the origin of a liquids prohibition. Many of the free bins from NADDI are printed with a no liquids symbol or statement and I believe they specify that recipients may not collect liquids in order to receive the free bin. I suppose I could call them to find out why. Other than the few NADDI boxes around here, some prohibit infectious waste including IV bags, but not ampules, aerosols, syringes, etc. I know I don't want any of them to accept liquid chemo in any type of container/IV bag/ampule. OH! Maybe I answered my own question...still working with our Board to make the prescribing clinic or hospital take that back.