[Pharmwaste] Does activated carbon treatment meet "non-retrievable" standard?

Jeff Hollar jhollar at pwaste.com
Wed Apr 15 07:57:49 EDT 2015

Many of these drug disposal products (some containing activated carbon) are being marketed directly to DEA Registrants as a compliant solution for rendering their drugs “non-retrievable”.  If the DEA is OK with some of these technologies it would mean more disposal options for the registrants.  It would be nice to hear from the registrants that have used various technologies and have been audited by the DEA.

Jeff Hollar

President

PharmWaste Technologies, Inc.

4164 NW Urbandale Dr., Ste A