[Pharmwaste] Free Webinar - Alameda County Supreme Court Ruling Allowing Pharmaceutical Take-Back

Suzy Whalen Suzy at productstewardship.us
Tue Jun 2 09:59:45 EDT 2015

Hi all,

The Product Stewardship Institute (PSI) is holding a free webinar<http://www.productstewardship.us/event/on-the-road-after-the-alameda-decision> next Tuesday, June 9th from 2-3:30pm EDT, to help understand the implications of last week's Supreme Court decision.

What this webinar is about...

Last Tuesday, the Supreme Court declined to hear Big Pharma's petition against the Alameda County drug take-back ordinance, paving the way for similar EPR legislation around the country. In this webinar, our expert speakers will explore the legal and technical aspects of this decision, and the effect it will have on state and local governments, and other stakeholders. We will cover:

 *   The origins of Alameda County's interest in developing a take-back law, and the actions taken to build a coalition for passage;
 *   The current status of Alameda County's drug take-back program implementation;
 *   The basis for the challenge to the Alameda County ordinance, and the likely reasons the Supreme Court decided in favor of the county;
 *   How to write pharmaceutical take-back legislation to minimize the risk of future litigation; and
 *   How litigation risk varies among circuit jurisdictions around the nation.
There will be an extended Q&A session following the presentations.

Speakers include...

*         Jayni Foley Hein, J.D. | Policy Director, Institute for Policy Integrity, NYU School of Law<http://policyintegrity.org/>

*         Dr. Joel Kreisberg, DC, CCH, ACC | Executive Director, Teleosis Institute<http://www.teleosis.org/>

*         Ed Gottlieb | Chair, Coalition for Safe Medication Disposal<http://www.healthyyouth.org/medication-disposal.php>

*         Scott Cassel | Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Product Stewardship Institute<http://www.productstewardship.us/> (Moderator)

Register here for free<http://www.productstewardship.us/event/on-the-road-after-the-alameda-decision>.

Thank you, and enjoy the webinar.
Suzy Whalen

Suzy Whalen
Outreach and Communications Coordinator
Product Stewardship Institute, Inc.
29 Stanhope St., 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02116
P: (617) 236-8293 F: (617) 236-4766
TTY: please use i711.com
www.productstewardship.us<http://www.productstewardship.us/>
suzy at productstewardship.us<mailto:suzy at productstewardship.us>
Follow our Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Product-Stewardship-Institute/224328115936?ref=ts>, Twitter<http://twitter.com/productsteward> and Blog<http://productstewardshipinstitute.wordpress.com/>