[Pharmwaste] Earth Day

Chris Angel chrisangel at greatlakes-us-cleanwater.org
Fri Apr 22 17:09:49 EDT 2016

https://tenacious-nation-inspiration.com/2016/04/22/earth-day/

Some thoughts on Earth day

Today is Earth Day. 4.22.16

I encourage you all the do something today to protect, preserve,
conserve and appreciate some part of this great earth we live on.

I encourage you to be proactive. A tiny step like picking up litter
around your neighborhood or a bigger step like organizing a clean-up
event at a park or beach with a few friends this week.

I used to run an Environmental Education Camp for kids in NE Michigan.
The first thing we tried to instill in campers was an appreciation for
the things that make up our earth..the great  outdoors if you will.
The trees, plants, wildlife, lakes and streams that make up this earth.
Whether you are in an extremely remote wilderness setting or an urban
setting nature is right there with you.

And appreciating all the great natural resources we have on this earth
is the primary step in beginning to care.

For me on this Earth day, my thoughts go to water. 71% of the earth is
covered with water.

In 2008 I founded Great Lakes Clean Water Organization.  It started with
a few good friends who had an idea. An idea to provide people with a
safe way to dispose of unused drugs rather than flushing them down the
drain.  Trace amounts of Pharmaceutical compounds were and are being
found in lakes, rivers, remote streams and municipal water systems.

Because of my passion for water and yes I guess my Tenacity, along with
the support of many others GLCW is now Great Lakes/US Clean Water and is
playing a major role in providing solutions to the ever growing issue of
proper Rx-Waste Disposal across the country.

Check it out at http://www.GreatLakes-US-CleanWater.org

Watch the video documentary on the subject

Happy Earth Day

BTW World Water Day is March 22, My Birthday ;=)

world from space

--
Chris angel, President

www.GreatLakes-US-CleanWater.org