[Pharmwaste] FW: Final Call For Sign Ons to Letter to FDA Asking them to Stop Advising Flushing of Meds - due Jan. 19th

Volkman, Jennifer (MPCA) jennifer.volkman at state.mn.us
Thu Jan 7 12:43:45 EST 2016

Keep hammering Catherine!
To me, that sounds like a different letter to a different audience to include the national pharmacists association and which includes references to language in Medicare that advocates for smaller initial prescription size for a wider range of drugs than the opioids on the FDA's list. As a start. I personally have more pain relief from chiropractic and massage therapies than masking drugs, but that is an education effort to the general public...as is buying smaller containers of drugs. And those therapies are more time consuming and expensive. This is why the prevention aspect is much more difficult, I think, than consistent no sewering messaging, setting up collection networks, or even product stewardship.