[Pharmwaste] Call for Vendor Information on Med Collection Receptacles and Mail-Away envelopes

Yellow Jug Old Drugs Account Support info at greatlakescleanwater.org
Thu Jan 21 13:33:48 EST 2016

Yellow Jug Old Drugs Program

Great Lakes Clean Water Organization started the Yellow Jug Old Drugs program in 2008. Yellow Jug Old Drugs was created to encourage individuals to properly dispose of Rx-Waste rather than flushing unused medications down the drain. The program was created in response to trace amounts of medications
being found in municipal water systems and surface and ground water systems across the country. Proper disposal of Rx- Waste helps keeps our drinking water, lakes, rivers and streams clean, keeps our kids safe and makes our communities a better place to live.

The Program is currently available to all states that allow Rx-waste collection at pharmacies. North Dakota is the first state beyond the Great Lakes region to partner with the Yellow Jug Old Drugs Program. Due to the expanded scope of the program beyond the Great Lakes Region, the non-profit
organization is changing its name from Great Lakes Clean Water to Great Lakes Clean Water/US Clean Water (GLCW/USCW)
GLCW/USCW is the first non-profit organization in the United States to be licensed as a Reverse Distributor by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). Reverse Distributor designation is required to accept controlled substances from pharmacies for proper destruction. GLCW/USCW is one of 27 Reverse
Distributors in the country. The Yellow Jug Old Drugs program is the largest pharmacy based drug collection disposal program in the country.

GLCW/USCW recently received a grant from Eli Lilly and Companies to provide for the expansion of participating pharmacies in Indiana. This is the first time a Pharmaceutical company is providing support for a Drug Collection program. Support currently is provided primarily by participating
pharmacies.
For information on the Yellow Jug Old Drugs Program go to www.GreatLakesCleanWater.org or www.USCleanWater.org